Senior Infrastructure Engineer | Bristol | Permanent | £45,000 – £60,000 Dependent on Experience
Peaple Talent have partnered with a technology driven organisation in Bristol who specialise in property development looking for an Infrastructure Engineer.
Our client is looking for someone with experience in an Infrastructure Engineering role with some senior responsibilities (e.g. mentoring/upskilling engineers).
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for!
You will be primarily responsible for supporting the Infrastructure Manager alongside being hands-on in an extremely high-performing team.
Based in Bristol (hybrid – 2 days per week in the office) you will be reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager and be tasked with the following:
- Understand and support in new infrastructure patterns and technology, learning new technical skills where appropriate.
- Work inside an ITIL focused environment across all disciplines.
- Collaborative working with other areas of the business (Service Desk and Wider IT) to ensure both designed purpose and operational effectiveness of the infrastructure is delivered.
- Share responsibility for both internal and external IT infrastructure; hosting/operations, backups and disaster recovery/continuity planning, capacity management, availability management.
- Act as a point of escalation for IT infrastructure.
- Complete assigned project and work package requirements to tine, quality and within our client’s Infrastructure standards.
- SLA adherence on infrastructure hosted systems.
- Mentor/upskill engineers in the right technical areas.
- Be the go-to employee for Infrastructure support.
The ideal candidate for this Senior Infrastructure Engineer role will have relevant experience of Infrastructure Engineering to a senior level.
You’ll also need a background in:
- Design and support experience with some of the following; Microsoft, RedHat, VMWare, PaloAlto, SQL, AWS, Azure, On-Prem & O365 Exchange, Veeam, Patching Solutions, Infrastructure Hardware Experience.
- Experience within a 2nd line enterprise IT infrastructure support role.
- Infrastructure related, vocational certification in at least one of the following products; Microsoft, RedHat, VMWare, Azure/AWS.
- Proven project delivery experience in an environment with little management or supervision.
In addition, you’ll need:
- Drivers License
- Willingness to be on-call 1 in 4 weeks.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: £45,000 – £60,000 Dependant on Experience
- Enhanced Pension – Depending on choice of contribution, pay up to 11%.
- Bonus Scheme – Up to 20%.
- Annual Pay Reviews.
- 25 Days Holiday plus 8 BH, increasing up to 30 days with length of service.
- Buy and Sell Holiday.
- Health Cash Plan – MediCash.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Life Assurance – 4x Salary.
- ShareSave Scheme (SAYE).
- Eye Care Vouchers.
- Charity Match Funds – up to £250 per year.
- Employee Referral Scheme – £500 per successful referral.
- Season Ticket Loans
- Personal Development Courses.
- Long Service Awards.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Senior Infrastructure Engineer role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.