Engineering Manager | Hybrid (Cwmbran) | Permanent | £70,000 – £75,000
Peaple Talent has partnered with a digital television company looking for an Engineering Manager.
Our client is looking for someone with previous experience designing, building and supporting a CI/CD platform. Highly important is a good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, build/deployment automation tools, DevOps and Agile.
You could be exactly what they’re looking for if that’s you!
You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for innovation, automation, and learning. They will demonstrate strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audience.
Based both remotely and in their office in Cwmbran, you will be tasked with the following:
– Delivering advanced build services and tools to enable our engineers to seamlessly build, develop, test and deploy high-quality products, contribute to architecture and technical design of the ecosystem with solutions that address problems inherent in sharing and integrating code at scale
– Collaborate with other parts of the organization, to create an efficient and reliable end-to-end software delivery pipeline that is secure, stable and performant and lead an agile team of engineers in implementing, supporting and maintaining the continuous delivery platform
– Co-operate and contribute to stakeholder driven improvement initiatives to help move to a DevOps orientated organisation, identify KPIs to drive performance improvements, provide tools to monitor and report
– Monitor and take action to ensure infrastructure costs are within budget, troubleshoot failures and quickly and efficiently facilitate resolutions, continuously look for and implement improvements to the delivery process, communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization and coach engineers on tools and best practices
The ideal candidate for this Engineering Manager role will have experience designing, implementing, or maintaining tools to support development and delivery process.
Familiar with various tools and technologies used to support software development and delivery (Git, Artifactory, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes etc.)
Knowledge of Version Control and source code management using tools such as Git, can build automation using tools such as Gradle, Maven, Webpack or Gulp, and Continuous Integration using tools such as Jenkins or similar
A good understanding of cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Openstack, scripting and/or programming skills in Python, Groovy, Bash or similar and Unix/Linux knowledge.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: £70,000-£75,000 per annum (37.5 hours a week)
– Buying/selling annual leave
– Generous company pension scheme
– Private Health Insurance
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Engineering Manager role, click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV, and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.