£40,000-£45,000 | Gourock, Scotland – Hybrid | Permanent |
This award-winning company are searching for a Data Engineer to play a vital role within the Architecture, Digital, and Data team. They provide travel solutions across Scotland providing top quality services and spectacular views of the coastline along the way.
This position involves the development and maintenance of various system integrations, ETL processes, data-at-rest solutions, internal APIs, and reporting tools. Leveraging the Azure Data Platform technology, you will be able to contribute to the ongoing transformation efforts.
- Take ownership of constructing data-streaming systems, focusing on:
- Implementing data flows to connect operational systems with analytics and business intelligence (BI) systems via the Data Lake architecture.
- Redesigning manual data flows to enable scalability and repeatability.
- Creating ETL designs and code to ensure efficient performance.
- Building accessible data structures for analysis.
- Lead the development of a connected enterprise infrastructure
- Drive best practices for data products and services across the Information Technology team and the broader company.
What we are looking for:
As the data and integration platforms transition to Azure, you should possess expert-level understanding and significant experience in building solutions within the target technology stack.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, and Azure SQL Database.
- Proficiency in designing data visualization flows using Power BI.
- Strong understanding of data governance, including Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes.
- Ability to anticipate and provide insights on upcoming technology changes that offer opportunities for product or program enhancement.
- You can establish team-based programming standards and techniques, select appropriate development methodologies, and ensure compliance.
- Understanding of the concepts and principles of data modelling, enabling you to produce, maintain, and update relevant data models
Salary & Package:
- Excellent training, development, and career progression
- 37 days annual leave (pro-rata)
- Staff travel pass for yourself, spouse/partner, and dependents
- An industry-leading pension
If you think you’re a good fit for this Data Engineer role, please apply above.