20 Automation Testing Tools
Success in any test automation depends on identifying the right tool for the project. Additionally, with many open-source and commercial automation tools, automation Testing tool selection can become tricky. Therefore, here is a curated Automation Testing tools list with popular features and website links.
Kobiton makes Mobile and IoT Continuous Testing a reality, no matter how you prefer to automate. Additionally, you can easily automate Functional, Performance, Visual, and Compatibility tests with our AI-driven scriptless approach and your favourite open-source and script-based tooling. Further, with Kobiton, ensure comprehensive quality and release at the speed of DevOps.
- Scriptless capture and execute automation
- Scriptless generation of 100% open-standard Appium code
- AI-assisted remediation
- Automated crash detection
- Visual Validation & UX Testing
- Performance Testing
- Seamless CI/CD integrations
- In-depth session exploration and reporting
- Unlimited user policy with Access to Real devices in the cloud or via on-premises setups
TestProject is the world’s first free cloud-based, community-powered test automation platform that enables users to test Web, Android and iOS applications on all operating systems effortlessly. Furthermore, easily collaborate with your team using Selenium and Appium to ensure quality with speed. Additionally, you can use advanced built-in recording capabilities, create and use add-ons (automation actions shared by the entire community), or develop coded tests using TestProject’s powerful SDK, all completely for FREE!
- No complex setups or configurations skills are required to get started
- Share and reuse add-ons with your team and the entire community
- Detailed report dashboards
- Seamless integrations with your CI/CD workflow
Over 14,000 users worldwide accelerate testing with Ranorex Studio, an all-in-one tool for test automation. Ranorex is easy for beginners with a codeless click-and-go interface but powerful for automation experts with a full IDE for C# or VB.NE, and open APIs.
- Functional UI and end-to-end testing on desktop, web, and mobile
- Cross-browser testing
- SAP, ERP, Delphi and legacy applications.
- iOS and Android
- Run tests locally or remotely, in parallel or distribute on a Selenium Grid
- Robust reporting
- Integrates with leading solutions like Git, TFS, Jenkins, Bamboo, Bugzilla, SpecFlow, NeoLoad, TestRail and more for a complete testing toolchain
Eggplant (now part of Keysight Technologies) is an award-winning test automation solutions provider and has been named a leader by all the top analysts, including Gartner and Forrester. So don’t fight today’s testing war with yesterday’s technology.
- AI-powered automation that views technology from the users’’ perspective
- Ensure responsive and scalable application experiences to increase user engagement
- Enable test maintenance at scale and accelerate your testing efforts.
- Leverage non-invasive automation to automate mission-critical systems.
- Seamlessly integrate with tools your team is already using today
Subject7 is a cloud-based, no-code platform supporting end-to-end automation for web, mobile, desktop, database, web services, load, security, and accessibility testing. Additionally, the interface enables non-coders to robust author test flows with minimal training/support. Furthermore, customers include major government agencies and enterprises of all sizes.
- Firstly, it scales to thousands of steps and supports collaboration, tracking, and project management.
- It integrates with JIRA, Jenkins, GitHub, and most DevOps pipeline tools.
- Flexible reporting of success/failure and persistent defects with video.
- High-scale parallel execution in the secure public, private, or hybrid cloud.
- Simple, non-metered pricing, delivering scalability/predictability, both technically and financially
TestComplete is a GUI test automation tool that tests every desktop, web, and mobile application a
- Superior object recognition using ML and AI
- Support for testing enterprise applications such as SAP, Oracle EBS, and Salesforce
- Run functional UI tests in parallel in the cloud or on your local machine for continuous testing and continuous delivery
- Integrates tightly with the tools in your ecosystems, such as CI/CD, test management, issue tracking, and version control, giving you a complete testing lifecycle
LambdaTest is one of the most preferred tools for performing automated cross-browser testing. Furthermore, they offer an ultra-fast, scalable and secure selenium grid, which users can utilize and run tests on 2000+ browsers and OS. In addition, it supports all the latest and legacy browsers.
- Built on the latest tech stack, test execution is fast and seamless
- Parallel test execution to shorten test cycles
- Easy integration with various CI/CD execution, project management, and team communication tools.
- Users can perform geo location testing and testing of their locally hosted website.
- Users can utilize various APIs to extract all data they need
- Support for all major languages and framework
TestArchitect is a codeless test automation tool that focuses on scaling up automation coverage & productivity by leveraging Keyword Driven Testing. Additionally, a small number of more-technical testers can support a much larger group of less-technical testers to achieve 80% automation coverage and more with TestArchitect.
- Codeless automation uses Action Based Testing, a modern form of Keyword Driven Testing for high reusability and lower maintenance costs.
- Intuitive spreadsheet IDE just like Excel
- Supported platforms: desktop, cross-browser, mobile testing, API, computer vision testing, etc.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, macOS, Androids & iOS
- Integration plugins with most of the leading CI/CD/DevOps tools such as Azure DevOps, TFS, Jenkins, etc.
9.) Parasoft Continuous Quality Suite
Parasoft’s suite of automated software testing tools integrates quality into the software delivery process for early prevention, detection, and remediation of defects. Additionally, Parasoft’s continuous quality suite covers static code analysis, unit testing and code coverage, API testing and service virtualization, and UI testing. This enables delivery speed and compliance with industry and security standards.
- AI-powered test creation and execution
- Low-code application testing
- Extensive dashboards for quality reporting and analysis
- Support for 120+ message formats and protocols
- Integration with CI/CD pipeline and Agile DevOps workflows
10.) QA Wolf
- Fully hosted with no downloads or installs
- Tests run in 100% parallel for fast results
- Supports Chrome, WebKit, Firefox, and Chromium
- Integrations with Vercel and Netlify
- Run on-premise
- Connect with OpenVPN
- Videos and logs of failures help you understand issues quickly
- Open source
Furthermore, Selenium is an open-source web automation tool currently in demand and widely used in the market. Additionally, it is one of the best QA automation tools that can automate across multiple OS Like Windows, Mac, and Linux and browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Headless Browsers.
Zephyr is the #1 selling test management tool, providing end-to-end solutions for agile teams of all sizes. Get the flexibility, visibility, and insights you need to release better software FASTER.
- 1-click Integration with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bamboo, and more
- Cloud, Server, and Data Center Deployment Options
- Advanced Analytics and DevOps Dashboards
- No Annual Commitment Required
13.) Cerberus Testing
Furthermore, Cerberus Testing is the only 100% open-source and low-code test automation platform supporting Web, Mobile, API, Desktop and Database testing. Moreover, an easy-to-use web interface does not require development skills – automated tests become available for the development, quality, and business teams.
- Low-code library for Web, Mobile, API, Desktop, and Database testing
- Fast iterations between Test Repository, Execution and Reporting
- Parallel Execution on local and remote testing farms
- Continuous Testing with Scheduler, Campaign, CI/CD capabilities
- Support for Web Performance, Monitoring
- Built-in Test Dashboards and Analytics
14.) HP UFT (aka QTP)
HPE Unified Functional Test is a leading cross-platform automation testing tool. It is one of the top testing automation tools which can automate Web, Desktop, SAP, Delphi, Net, ActiveX, Flex, Java, Oracle, Mobile, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder, Siebel, Stingray, and Visual Basic, amongst other applications. Furthermore, the list of development environments it can automate is enormous!
Additionally, UFT uses VBScript as the scripting language.
Furthermore, the tool integrates with HP ALM (Test Management Tool) and HP LoadRunner (Performance Testing Tool)
Some of the distinguishing features of UFT include Business Process Testing, keyword-driven framework, XML support, robust checkpoints, and test results.
Watir is an open-source web automation testing tool. Unfortunately, you pronounce it “water.”
Watir is one of the best automation scripting tools which supports IE on Windows. Watir + WebDriver supportsFirefoxx, Opera and headless browser HTML Units.
The scripting language is Ruby, but you can automate web apps developed in any language.
Moreover, using Ruby, Watir gives you features to connect with the database, read flat files, and excel – important for data-driven testing. In addition, you can use reusable test code that you repeat across test scripts.
It is one of the best Quality Assurance automation tools that integrate with BDD tools like RSpec, Cucumber, etc.
16.) IBM Rational Functional Tester
Rational Functional Tester is a commercial automation testing tool from IBM. It supports various development environments like Siebel, Net, SAP, Java, PowerBuilder, Flex, and Dojo, amongst others.
Additionally, it supports two scripting languages, Java and VB.Net
Consequently, Rational Functional Tester (RFT) integrates tightly with IBM Rational Quality Manager (test management tool).
Furthermore, the tool supports functional testing, regression testing & Data-driven testing.
Storyboard Testing is a unique feature of RFT where you record the test script as a series of screenshots of the actions performed against the Application Under Test. The tester can make changes to the screenshots to enhance the writing.
17.) Telerik Test Studio
It supports two scripting languages, C# and VB.Net
Furthermore, test Studio can connect with source control systems like Team Foundation Server and GIT and execute Continuous Testing.
In addition, Telerik allows you to schedule and execute testing in parallel and has robust test reporting features.
18.) Silk Test
Firstly, Silk Test is a functional and regression automation testing tool from MicroFocus.
Furthermore, Silk Test provides three products: Workbench, Silk4J, and Silk4NET. In addition, Workbench use VB.net scripting language, Silk4J & Silk4NET can use Java/VB.NET, C#, etc.
Additionally, SilkTest test automation software supports Cross-browser testing, Mobile testing & provides a Collaborative test design environment via Keyword driven testing.
Firstly, Cucumber is an open-source Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tool. In addition, Cucumber is one of the best open-source automation tools for testing that supports languages like Ruby, Java, Scala, Groovy, etc.
The joint effort of testers, developers, and customers is drafting test scripts. Furthermore, Cucumber supports only the web environment. Test code is written in simple English called Gherkin. However, you can keep different frameworks like Selenium, Ruby, etc
The focus of Cucumber is the end-user experience.
20.) WorkSoft Certify
WorkSoft Certify is an automation testing tool for SAP. It is one of the best software automation tools which can test and automate SuccessFactors, Concur, Syclo, Ariba Network, SAP Fiori User Experience (UX)
Certainly, WorkSoft Certify can run tests unattended and automate end-to-end business processes. Additionally, the tool can be deployed even if an SAP project is in the implementation, upgrade or maintenance stage.
Furthermore, WorkSoft Certify maintains a central test object repository, so test script maintenance and reuse become easy. This tool for automation testing provides an integrated test data management tool.
Get articles like
this via email
- Join 2,800 others
- Never miss an insight