Software Engineer (Java) | Bristol | Permanent | Up to £45,000
Peaple Talent has partnered exclusively with a Maritime Defence & Logistics Business recruiting heavily into their Software Development function. This is a result of some very exciting projects that are coming to fruition.
Our client is ideally looking for someone with commercial experience in a software development role, but can also look at a recent graduate with an internship or prior experience due to the volume of roles they are looking to fill.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for!
You will be primarily responsible for design, development, integration and test activities.
Based in Bristol (hybrid – 1 to 2 days per week, and the remainder remotely) you will be reporting to the Head of Software Development and be tasked with the following:
- Development of web applications and mobile devices.
- Working with cloud-based back-office systems that perform complex data processing.
- Database development.
- Video analytics and processing.
- Liaise with external parties.
- Work individually and within a team of multi-disciplined specialists and engineering disciplines to achieve programme results and customer deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
The ideal candidate for this Software Engineering role will have relevant experience in software development on the back-end within a commercial environment.
You’ll also need a background in:
- Back-end software development with a desire to code in Java or previous Java development experience.
In addition, you’ll need to be eligible for BPSS clearance, which requires you to have resided in the UK for the previous 3 years minimum.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: Up to £45,000 per annum.
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Early finish on Fridays
- Flexi leave accrual
- Enhanced pension
- Private healthcare insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work and onsite showers
- Free on-site parking
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Software Engineering role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.