Software Engineer (Java) | North Devon | Permanent | Up to £60,000
Peaple Talent has partnered exclusively with a Maritime Defence & Logistics Business recruiting heavily into their Software Development function. This is a result of some very exciting projects that are coming to fruition.
Our client is ideally looking for someone with commercial experience in a software development role, but can also look at a recent graduate with an internship or prior experience due to the volume of roles they are looking to fill.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for!
You will be primarily responsible for the design, development, integration and test activities within the software function.
Based in North Devon (Hybrid model, 1-2 days per week in the office) you will be reporting to the Head of Software Development and be tasked with the following:
- Working with complex software.
- Development of web applications for desktop and mobile devices.
- Working with cloud-based back-office systems that perform complex data processing.
- Database development.
- Regularly liaise with external parties including customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work individually and within a team environment of multi-disciplined specialists and engineering disciplines to achieve programme results and customer deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior developers in the team.
The ideal candidate for this Software Engineering role will have relevant experience of working in a software engineering position previously, preferably using Java.
You’ll also need a background in:
- Java Development.
In addition, you’ll need to be eligible for BPSS level clearance, requiring you to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 years.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: Up to £60,000 per annum
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Early finish on Fridays
- Flexi leave accrual
- Enhanced pension
- Private healthcare insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work and onsite showers
- Free on-site parking
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Software Engineering role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.