Research Analyst | Bristol | Permanent | Up to £50,000
Peaple Talent has partnered exclusively with a Maritime Defence & Logistics Business recruiting for a Research Analyst to join their growing systems team of modelling experts. You will work on projects involving underwater acoustic modelling, signal processing, mathematical modelling, machine learning and sonar.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for!
You will be primarily responsible for applying numerical and analytical methods to create mathematical models of observed and predicted behaviour and extract information from data providing domain-specific knowledge and insight.
Based in Bristol (Hybrid, 1-2 days per week in the office and the rest remote) you will be tasked with the following:
- Apply mathematical and programmatic methods to perform the extraction, cleansing manipulation and visualization of data to extract information.
- Design trials and experiments to generate data for analysis.
- Design and implement mathematical models of observed and predicted behaviour and performance.
- Develop and configure software tools to support modelling and analysis.
The ideal candidate for this Research Analyst role will have relevant experience of:
- Commercial experience in applied data science or signal processing to mathematical modelling on real-world problems.
- Completed a numerate degree and ideally MSc or PHD in the application for mathematical or data science techniques in a real-world environment.
- Data analytics and visualization.
- A keen interest in Machine Learning
- Experience in Python / MatLab Programming is useful but not essential.
In addition, you’ll need to be eligible to obtain SC Clearance.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: Up to £50,000 per annum.
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Early finish on Fridays
- Flexi leave accrual
- Enhanced pension
- Private healthcare insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work and onsite showers
- Free on-site parking
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Research Analyst role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.