IT Support engineer | Exeter/ Hybrid | Permanent | £30,000
Peaple Talent has partnered with a leading organization looking for an IT support engineer.
Our client is looking for someone with an understanding of supporting the business at support levels 1,2,3 and who can cover all IT systems.
As part of the team, the role will be actively involved in the cybersecurity programme so they will need knowledge and passion for all aspects of cyber security!
Undertake day-to-day operations, ensuring that all Incidents, Service Requests are taken care of.
If that’s you, then you could be exactly what they’re looking for!
You will be primarily responsible for all IT systems
Home-based role with travel to Exeter.
The ideal candidate for this (role) will have relevant experience in first- and second-line support.
You’ll also need
- 3 years minimum working at 2nd and 3rd line level
- Good technical knowledge of desktop, server and network hardware
- Good technical configuration and troubleshooting skills with analogue and IP telephony systems and mobiles.
- Office 365 – front and the back end admin
- MS 365 security and user admin
- General client-side/server troubleshooting
- Active Directory (incl. DNS, DHCP, GPO)
- WSUS and SCCM
- Remote access technologies, e.g. VPN, RDP.
- Virtual servers and onsite/cloud (AWS/MS) hosting technologies.
- Networking systems and protocols
- Security systems/software/protocols – AV, MFA, encryption, MDM, filtering, ATP etc.
- Monitoring systems, e.g. PRTG.
- Cisco networking and firewalls
- Check Point firewalls
- Anti-virus and cybersecurity systems admin, incl. O365 Security, ESET, web filtering, spam filtering, device security.
- Good technical knowledge of managing WordPress websites and website hosting, including load balancing, would be highly desirable.
- Good technical knowledge of airport systems, e.g. Check-in, FIDs, AODB, CUTE/CUPPS, and car parking tech would be highly desirable.
- The environment can involve fast-paced change, so a good understanding of airport operational environments or previous experience in a 24/7 365 public service environment is highly desirable.
- Troubleshooting skills, ability to follow a logical process to determine fault causes and follow to resolution.
- Good organizer, priority-driven, and able to multi-task to meet service priorities.
- Methodical with attention to detail but prepared to be proactive and adapt to meet customer expectations.
- Able to communicate effectively with a good customer focus. Core Behaviour Framework
- Working together with colleagues and good team communication.
- Understanding the customer and a passion for customer service.
- Dealing effectively with change.
- Integrity and trust.
- Understanding our commitment and getting involved as a team player.
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
Basic salary: £ 30,000 per annum
Interested? If you think you’re right for this IT support engineer role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV, and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.