Head of Software Development | Bristol | Perm | Up to £75,000
Peaple Talent have partnered with a leading Law firm looking for a Head of Software Development.
Our client is looking for someone to manage and reviewing technical debt, and own owning processes from a technical perspective, ensuring best practice. If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for!
You will be primarily responsible for determining the strategy and technical focus of our new platforms and systems that underpin our flagship products and services
Based in the Office, you will be reporting to the Director of Technology and be tasked with the following:
- Reporting to the Director of Technology, you will act as a support in their role and contribute to the overall leadership, management and delivery of the team
- Plan, direct and coordinate all activities related to writing software programmes
- Act as the Subject Matter expert on all Software Development and Testing
- Ensure policies and procedures for Software Development and Testing are in place
- Oversee code reviews of produced software to ensure code quality
- Improving both the efficiency and the effectiveness of the software development function
- Putting in place robust software development and testing environment and practices
- Ensure that the recommendations from the independent review of the testing function and capability are fully reviewed and acted upon
The ideal candidate for this Head of Software Development will have relevant experience of Coding and has preferably worked in the Law sector.
You will also need a background in-
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with software languages such as Java, C/C++, Python and others
- Persistence when solving a problem
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Flexibility in thinking and in attitude, with the ability to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
Basic salary: Up to £75k per annum
– Private medical insurance
– Pension scheme
– Employee assistant programme
– 25 days holiday
– Life insurance
-Financial wellbeing resources and tools
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Head of Software development role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.